Italy is officially our top request for 2016, so we figured we’d spare you from future FOMO and entice you to plan your next holiday. Italy has it all – food, wine, art, history, beaches, lakes, countryside, cities.. you get the picture! We’re here to help you tie it all together, and we think fall is the perfect time to go. Here is some inspiration for your ideal Italian getaway:
- Tuscany || A natural pair with Florence or Rome, Tuscany in the fall is hard to beat. Get hands on during the wine and olive harvest, or get lost in local museums and quintessential towns that dot the countryside. We love this destination for groups or families looking for a private villa or couples wanting a romantic getaway.
- Cinque Terre || Despite the crowds, it’s probably still on your bucket list. We’ll make sure it lives up to your expectations. Whether you want to hike or boat through the five villages, we won’t let you miss the must-sees. You’ll work up an appetite to indulge in the local specialties: pesto, focaccia, seafood, and Sciacchetrà, a wine produced up in the hills.
- Lake Como || Spend your days boating, kayaking or swimming. Not a water baby? Hike through the palm and olive trees and discover the maze of alleyways and small towns surrounding this iconic lake. We’ll set you up at a waterfront palace as elegant today as when it opened in the early 1900s or at the hottest new hotel with a minimalist-chic vibe.
- Amalfi Coast || You’ve seen the pictures. Trust us – it’s better in person. Spend your days hiking along the “Pathway of the Gods”, lounging poolside or sailing the Mediterranean. Don’t forget to pinch yourself and wash it all down with some Limoncello.
- Puglia || Fall head over heels for the Apulia region, where the Italians go to getaway. Think wild beaches, seriously indulgent food and wine, and affordable prices. The region is full of small sleepy towns that are off the tourist trail but worth visiting for their unspoiled history and culture.
Looking to stay closer to home or visit another part of the world? Let us know! We handle anything – from weekend getaways to adventures across the globe. We have the resources to seriously up your vacation game and take your trip from ordinary to extraordinary.